About School Messenger
School Messenger provides industry-leading notification solutions to school districts nationwide. The application forms a bridge between schools and the community by providing consistent, timely information through voice, email and SMS text messaging.
This service offers outbound notifications, emergency broadcasts and interactive surveys. School staff can personalize phone and email messages to groups and subgroups. School Messenger provides 24x7 support, maximum uptime and massive calling capacity with no limit on quantity of contact points.
Manager - Student Services
Instant translation to 30+ languages (30+ languages for email delivery and up to 14 languages for phone delivery)
- Multilingual text-to-speech
- Supported and monitored 24x7x365
- Administrative management tools with unlimited number of security profiles
- Partnerships with various SIS to facilitate integration
The BOCES LHRIC partnered with School Messenger to provide its component districts a comprehensive, fully hosted service with unlimited use. One system for all notifications.
Unlimited Messages – Send unlimited phone, email and text personalized messages in the preferred language of recipient. Districts can send various notification types such as attendance, emergency, outreach, surveys, food service notifications, etc.
- Emergency broadcasts. Prioritizes calls with unlimited retries on busy and unanswered calls.
- Surveys. Enables authorized district and school administrators to "poll" their message recipients. Parents, staff and community members offer feedback on district initiatives through phone-based and web-based surveys. Unlimited number of questions.
- True SMS Text Messaging. School Messenger uses true SMS rather than a simple email-to-text-message. Superior performance, speed, assurance of delivery, and consistency. Authorized district users log in to the secure website, select a list of contacts and type a brief message. School Messenger delivers the message to any text-capable phone.
Reporting – Web access to reports for user and system level administrator. Reporting is live during a call so the progress can be monitored while still underway. Segmented call results such as answered by person, busy, disconnected, etc.
Contact Manager (web portal) – Provides parents, staff, community subscribers and other recipients web access for updating contact information, associate any delivery point with one or more notification types, opt in/out of specific notification types and review past messages.
The following districts in Westchester, Rockland and Putnam counties currently use the School Messenger service through the LHRIC
- Bedford CSD
- Blind Brook UFSD
- Eastchester UFSD
- Mahopac CSD
- South Orangetown CSD